Back when I actually maintained this blog at a good rate, I used to do these “Assorted Weekend Thoughts” posts, which basically served as just another example of how lazy I was. When I couldn’t find time or get all my thoughts into one good post, I would mush them into one big post as semi-decent half-baked thoughts.
But at least they were something right?
Without further ado, here are my Assorted Weekend Thoughts Part 2: Back with a Vengeance:
- Do not ask me how my fantasy teams are doing. I think I’ve fell out of favor with the fantasy gods or something, or otherwise, I’m positive I’ve been cursed by some evil witch who’s probably a Niners fan or Patriots fan and basks in delight when I’m miserable. But you tell me, how is it possible that a team that boasts Aaron Rodgers, Julio Jones, Wes Welker, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Mike Wallace and Aaron Hernandez dead LAST in the league? You read that right — LAST. I’ll tell you how — my team is the ONLY team to have lost a game by FRACTIONAL points. And not just one game, TWO games. That’s right, I’ve lost TWO GAMES by less than 1 point. I’m destined to fantasy hell for the rest of my life. I need to repent.
- I’m coming to terms with the fact that it’s probably going to be the Niners versus the Patriots in the Superbowl, aka Raider fans’ worst nightmare. I’m also coming to terms with the fact that I’m probably going to have to cheer for the Patriots. I’m also coming to terms with the fact that I’m probably gonna burn in hell. (I’m already there though, so what does it matter?)
- The NHL can kiss my ass. I hate hockey.
- I went to an ECHL (minor league hockey) SF Bulls game the other day to hang out with all the other displaced hockey fans in the Bay Area. What a unique experience. No one knows who the players are, so everyone just gets really drunk and acts a fool. I’m pretty sure their “hype man” wasn’t anyone they hired on staff. They just found the drunkest guy in the crowd, gave him a bunch of t-shirts and said “Here, get the crowd hyped! Do what you gotta do!” So what did he do? This big, fat white dude started dancing. White people dancing is funny. And then he started choking people. For fun, of course, but maybe too close to a lawsuit? I was laughing at the hilarity of the situation, but at the same time it was a little disturbing. The dancing, not the choking.
- No one really wore an SF Bulls sweater. People were just wearing random ones for the sake of being acknowledged/standing out. I wore my Joe Pavelski Wisconsin Badgers sweater. Yup, I have a legit Joe Pavelski Badgers sweater. This random guy actually came up to me and said, “Badgers? Badgers? Wisconsin? I went there.” I responded, “Oh really? Cool. I didn’t. But Joe Pavelski did!” I felt so cool.
- I miss hockey. I’m going back to the homeland (aka Canada) in a couple of weeks just so I can wallow in misery with my extended family.
- My Ricky Rubio obsession is getting out of control. First of all, the kid hasn’t even played this year, but I’m counting down the days til his return to the hardwood. I was at work the other day and randomly decided to look up Ricky Rubio highlights. It was just, a random thought in my head. I’ve also googled “Ricky Rubio Injury” multiple times. He started practicing last week, so it’s only a matter of time before we get to see Ricky on the court again. Can I get a “HELL YEAH?!”
- His commercial is hilarious. Well, not really. I was actually pretty surprised he even has a commercial. Endorsement deals already? I swear, when he blows up, and his fan base starts to grow, and everyone finally recognizes the awesomeness that is Ricky Rubio, keep in mind that I was an original. I liked him from the beginning*.
- On a less random obsession, I am also completely enamored with the Warriors’ new rookie Harrison Barnes. I’m am so confident that he’s going to blossom into a star in this league that I actually bought his jersey already. He can be a little bit more aggressive towards the basket, and I’d like to see him be a little more physical more specifically on defense. But otherwise, his rebounding skills are impressive, and his shot will become more consistent with time. I feel like a proud mama every time he has a good game, especially when he was churning out double-doubles like a boss and when he does stuff like this. But mainly because I’ve been his champion ever since the Warriors selected him at the draft. I sure know how to pick ‘em.
- The Warriors are currently the Pacific Division Leaders. Give that a chance to settle in for a second there, will ya. Can you screenshot this page and this sentence so we know this was actually real? At the beginning of December, the Golden State Warriors are Pacific Division Leaders. Ain’t that somethin’?
*This is a lie, as I firmly illustrated here.
And there they are. My thoughts for the weekend. Curiously missing from this post are my favorite football team. They’re dead to me. Like the WWF.